The Dandy Owners Club
The Dandy Owners Club hold personal information that you provide to us. We take your privacy seriously and this privacy notice sets out how we will use your data, who we will share it with, how we keep it secure and your rights as a data subject.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
The Committee as a body is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of The Dandy Owners Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address and phone number.
- Type of Dandy/Riva
- Extra information for rally bookings including emergency contact details.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
- We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to provide you with core member services, including a welcome pack and membership card, and renewal communications.
Members of the Committee comply with its obligations under the GDPR by:-
- Keeping personal data up to date;
- By storing and destroying it securely;
- By not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- By protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure; and
- By ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:-
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with obligations under GDPR to maintain a register of our members, which includes name, address, date admitted to membership and date on which membership ceased, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and AGM voting arrangements.
- To administer membership records of Members by name, address and telephone number. (Membership Secretary)
- To maintain our own accounts and financial records (Treasurer and Rally Co-ordinator)
- To inform you of news via our magazine (Magazine Editor)
- Mailings as necessary via email (Secretary and Webmaster)
- Any other committee contact between members in the day to day running of the Dandy Owners Club.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and services and process your financial payments to the Dandy Owners Club.
- Processing is carried out by the Committee provided (a) the processing relates only to members or former members and (b) there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared within the Committee in order to carry out the day to day running of the Dandy Owners Club. We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, the Emergency Services including Police. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The financial statements are retained for the statutory six years before destruction. Guidelines recommend that general paperwork be retained for two years before destruction.
Your rights and your personal data.
Unless subject to an exception under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that the Dandy Owners Club Committee Member holds about you.
- The right to request that the Dandy Owners Club corrects any personal data if it found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Dandy Owners Club to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please, in the first instance contact the Dandy Owners Secretary whose address and telephone details can be found on page 2 of the Dandyman or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.